Two Japanese power companies have announced they will scrap three ageing nuclear reactors. It marks the first moves to permanently shut down nuclear reactors since the Fukushima disaster four years ago.
Another two are expected to be scrapped with announcements expected later this week. The companies said it would be too costly to revamp reactors to meet new stricter regulations.
The government is working on a new energy plan which will likely lead to other reactors being decommissioned.
Our Random Articles
- 地下鉄サリン事件Chikatetsu Sarin Jiken Tokyo Sarin Gas Attack 20th Anniversary
- On Board: In Japan with The First Lady and Let Girls Learn
- Michelle Obama highlights girls' education on Japan visit
- St. Patrick Day Parade ~~ From Japan
- Japan hot springs accident: Toxic gas poisoning kills three at popular tourist destination