A VOLCANO explodes into life as it sprays burning hot ash high into the air – followed by a deafening shockwave. Shot by filmmaker Marc Szeglat, 47, this incredible footage shows the highly active Sakurajima volcano on the Japanese island of Kyushu. The German videographer was able to capture the rare phenomenon of volcanic lightning, as well as an explosive shockwave which rippled through the sky. Sakurajima, translated as Cherry Island, has been erupting on a regular basis since 1955 and is a constant danger to the nearby city of Kagoshima, which has a population of over 600,000.
Our Random Articles
- 地下鉄サリン事件Chikatetsu Sarin Jiken Tokyo Sarin Gas Attack 20th Anniversary
- On Board: In Japan with The First Lady and Let Girls Learn
- Michelle Obama highlights girls' education on Japan visit
- St. Patrick Day Parade ~~ From Japan
- Japan hot springs accident: Toxic gas poisoning kills three at popular tourist destination