Three maintenance workers died Wednesday while tending to the source of a popular hot spring, according to a local fire official.
Four workers — two from Senboku city and two contractors — were carrying out maintenance work when three of them collapsed.
The fourth made an emergency phone call.
When rescuers arrived, they found the three men in a hole about six feet deep, the official said. He said it was possible they died from hydrogen sulfide poisoning.
Hydrogen sulfide can poison the body if a person is exposed to more than 300 ppm of it.
The official did not immediately identify the workers.
Our Random Articles
- 地下鉄サリン事件Chikatetsu Sarin Jiken Tokyo Sarin Gas Attack 20th Anniversary
- On Board: In Japan with The First Lady and Let Girls Learn
- Michelle Obama highlights girls' education on Japan visit
- St. Patrick Day Parade ~~ From Japan
- Michelle Obama meets Japan royals